About 13 Things

Our Summer 2014 version of 13 Things begins the week of May 19. Let the THINGS begin!

Friday, December 3, 2010

12 Days of Christmas at Coe

Creative Commons Attribution 3.0
For 12 days in December (any 12 days - at your convenience) we'll explore 12 web tools. NONE of these web tools will require you to create a login or password to play*. Some of them have the potential to simplify your tasks, some of them are just for fun, and some might become your new favorite online tool!

And, that's not all! Just for playing, you'll be rewarded with a free cup of coffee ($10 gift card value) from our favorite local coffee spot, Brewed Awakenings! No sign up, no major tracking, no real implementation requirements...just you playing with some new (or maybe old to you) online tools!

How Will This Work? Over the next week, I'll add 12 postings highlighting 12 different online tools or websites for you to check out. You'll check them out. You might find one or two that have immediate application for you; or discover you're already using one or two. Once you've explored the tool, comment to the blog post. Is it something you could use? How? Have you already been using it? How? Is it a waste of time? Why? You can explore at your own speed. You can look at all 12 tools in one sitting if you want, or you can explore one every day between now and December 20. I will have ALL 12 postings completed by December 8.

Do I need to sign up? No. Just comment on this blog. Comment on each of the 12 Tools postings. On December 20, I'll review all of the comments. If you've commented on each of the 12 posts, I'll put your coffee in campus mail...a hot, fresh cup o' joe will be waiting for you in your mailbox after break.
(Disclaimer: a gift card for a hot, fresh cup o' joe will be in your box, not the real cup o' joe).


Ready? The FIRST Day of Christmas will be posted soon!

9 comments:

  1. Can 13 things dropouts play?
    Kim (Pierson)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fun, Lisa! I'll join you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I think I might actually be able to complete this one :)Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 12 Days of Christmas is what I will do
    To learn about web tools both old and new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let's go! Yes, Kim, even 13 Things drop outs are in!
    Jenni, I wish I could do them all in rhyme, but I'm simply not that talented. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got so excited that I updated my old 13 Things blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Posting here last - This was great fun and very informative.

    ReplyDelete