About 13 Things

Our Summer 2014 version of 13 Things begins the week of May 19. Let the THINGS begin!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The 5th Day of Christmas...WallWisher

Have you ever wished you could have a place for people to post notes online? A virtual bulletin board, so to speak? Wish no more...introducing Wallwisher.

Wallwisher is an online notice board. You can customize the background color/themes, add graphics and introductory text and then share the URL with people you'd like to have posting to your board.

How could you use it?
  • Have your students post ideas for group projects, brainstorm results, a short synopsis of a reading, pre-thoughts on the next big project
  • Use it as a place for departmental suggestions or meeting ideas
  • Have your family post their Christmas lists, so you'll have them all in one place!
  • Here's my Wall Wisher example. Double-click anywhere on the board to add your sticky note.
Start yours: go to Wallwisher. Click "build a wall". Choose your customizations, including background texture, title, subtitle, graphic (upper left...it's required; you'll upload your own or use one of the presets). You can even customize the URL.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lisa. I think this would be very useful for both work and home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun this would be in a classroom if everyone had laptops! The teacher would get participation without having to write all their feedback, plus do it in an interactive way for students. Personally you could use it for reminders, incentives, or by posting goals. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use post-its on my own computer and could consider using this group wall, but I'm skeptical about getting others 'on board', so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I am trying to think creatively about how I can use this with myself or students. It is a little hard to think through. We have started a blog and I am trying to get students to use this. I am wondering if throwing in another technology base will be too much or to many online locations for one site. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is my favorites so far. Started playing around on here tonight, and can't stop! Allowing others to click on notes posted by others and post their own is very cool. Here is a quick one I made just a bit ago! http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/kristysoontobestaker

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that one! Where do you find all these cool sites?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fun one, but I am also iffy about getting others on board with using it.

    I wish there was a way to make it a desktop backgroud. I would really love it for personal reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Sara - this would be amazing if it was my desktop background! I would use it for reminders.... if I could see it all the time. Still an awesome website though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Wendy. The only way I would use something like this is to have it "in front of me" - like the post-its on my computer, my desk, my calendar

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fun tool, but it would get lost in the great abyss of my webworld. It appears to me to be a spinoff of a Facebook post and replies to those posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As an advisor to student groups, this seems like a great way to have input from those who cannot attend a meeting but want to suggest activities, etc. What a cool site!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great tool, but not sure I would use it a lot.

    ReplyDelete